CURT Multi-Function Taillight Converter 56236
Trailer Wire Converter
CURT 56236 Multi-Function Splice-in Tail Light Converter with 4 Wire Trailer Wiring Plug
- Converts 2-Wire 3-Wire Or Pwm St System To 2-Wire Trailer Light
- Enclosure Significantly Increases Water And Vibration Resistance
- 4-Way Flat Connects Tail Lights Brake Lights And Turn Signals
- Constructed w/Smt Circuitry For Better Performance And Durability
- Microcontroller Senses Current To Rapidly React To Overload
- Provides Improved Overload Short-Circuit And Thermal Protection
- Low-Voltage Operation Allows Function Down To Seven Volts
- Color-Coded Wires w/Wiring Guide For Easier Installation
- Dust Cover Included To Keep Connector Clean When Not In Use
- Made In USA
Rain, road grime and salt can deal a vicious blow to your trailer wiring, and it takes electrical components with an extra-thick shell to stand up to the elements. The CURT multi-function electrical converter is an advanced taillight converter that offers the ultimate in vehicle compatibility and weather resistance, giving you a reliable wiring connection any season of the year. The potted design seals the internal electrical components in a watertight enclosure and is filled with a solid compound to protect against impacts, vibrations and moisture for long-lasting use, even on the exterior of the vehicle. The converter also features our advanced surface mount technology (SMT), using smaller components mounted directly to the surface of the circuit board. This produces lower resistance, reduced heat generation, longer life cycles and higher reliability. The CURT multi-function electrical converter comes with pigtail wires that are able to be spliced into two-wire, three-wire or PWM wiring system with combined stop and taillights. It converts any of these systems to a simple two-wire system, using a standard 4-way flat output, to be compatible with most trailer wiring. The converter is controlled using a microcontroller that is able to sense the current passing through it, allowing for quick reaction to dangerous conditions such as overload and short circuits. It also filters unwanted input signals to protect your wiring systems and uses a mere seven volts for low-voltage operation. The CURT multi-function taillight converter is a heavy-duty electrical converter for virtually any vehicle-trailer combination. It comes with color-coded wires and an easy-to-read wiring guide, as well as a dust cover to protect the 4-way flat connector. This package also includes four snap locks for faster, more secure splicing. A powered converter wiring kit #55152 is also required for installation.
- Item Requires Shipping
- 0.8 lbs.
- W4.0000” x H2.0000” x L9.0000”
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.